Gin & Champagne
Join us for an evening of decadent gin tasting in the Drinks Lab where we feast on two of our favourite things – Gin and Champagne!
Gin and Champagne are perfect partners – they work beautifully well in cocktails, they can inspire a sense of occasion and celebration, and both have long and storied histories.
We’ll delve into some of that on our gin tasting, starting with combining the two in a French 75 cocktail – named after an old 75mm French artillery gun as it packs a punch! We’ll discuss the history of Champagne inluding some interesting origin stories, as well as how and where it is made.
We’ll then sample three delicious Scottish gins, with accompanying mixers, telling the tales of some of the wonderful craft distilleries found around the country. We’ll talk about how the Scottish gin industry has continued to grow in the last ten years and how it’s past was significanty less opulent than Champagne’s, before finishing off with a glass of premium bubbly.
- French 75 cocktail
- Three samples of premium Scottish gin with mixers
- Glass of premium Blanc de Blancs Champagne
- 90 minute tasting experience
While we will change our selection regularly, here’s a sample menu that we may use:
- French 75 with Monluc Vin Sauvage Blanc de Blancs and Caorunn Gin
- Biggar – Herbaceous Gin
- Holyrood Distillery – Height of Arrows Gin
- Deerness Distillery – Scuttled Gin
- Veuve Fourny Premier Cru Blanc de Blancs Champagne